Austrian Association of Freelance Musicians
we listen – we inform – we act
IGFM is an interest advocacy. It is a nationwide community of self-employed musicians from various genres who are actively seeking to improve working conditions for all freelance musicians in Austria.
To our payment guidelines:
What does IGFM do?
- IGFM is a contact point for freelance musicians
- IGFM provides information
- IGFM is the “mouthpiece” for all freelance musicians: it offers a platform for musicians’ voices to be heard
- IGFM represents the interests of freelance musicians to the government and in the media
Why do we need IGFM?
- To improve working conditions in the freelance music industry and address grievances (e.g. fees, unfair working conditions, sexism, racism, ageism and all forms of discrimination)
- To provide relevant information to musicians, including non-German speakers
- To help shape cultural politics and react publicly to media coverage
- To promote awareness of freelance musicians in politics and society, and strengthen solidarity in the musicians’ community
- Everyone who works as a freelance musician in Austria, regardless of their country of origin
- Anyone who wishes to raise an issue while staying anonymous
- All freelance musicians who want to actively contribute to improving the situation
- The creation of a solid legal and tax framework for the profession of “Freelance Musician”
- Fair Pay, Fair Play and Fair Practice as a requirement regarding public funding for concert organisers
- Social security for freelance musicians
- Solidarity instead of each musician being a lone wolf. We understand, encourage and support each other!
Join IG Freie Musikschaffende now!
Be part of the community and contribute to a better working environment for freelance musicians in Austria!